29 January, 2012

I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE

I officially have a VPN on my laptop.

And it's working. I'm currently using it.

My dear friend Matt set it up for me. He's the greatest.


I am currently in Chengdu. Tomorrow begins IST, the final portion of Peace Corps training. It will last for two weeks. Tonight, to celebrate my arrival (and surviving the twenty-two hour train ride on a hard seat), I went and got my favourite Chengdu meal.

I wish I could say it is something unique to Chengdu, or even Sichuan for that matter, but it's not. There is a Uyghur restaurant not too far from where I'm staying. I go there and order dingding chaomian and naanDingding chaomian are special noodles, chopped up and cooked up with stir-fried meat, potatoes, peppers, onions, tomatoes in a spicy meat stock. I eat it in Lanzhou sometimes as well, but this restaurant in Chengdu is the tastiest. The coup de grĂ¢ce of this meal is the Dr. Pepper I bought from the international foods store down the street (a luxury I'm not privy to in Lanzhou). 




So, there you have it... My first blog with a VPN. From here, the question remains: what would be the best way for me to go about publishing all of my old blogs I have written?

1 comment:

  1. I think you should post like one every other day. Keep the flow going, but not total bombardment.

    ReplyDelete